People in our community play the biggest role in what we do.
Thank you, to our clients, employees, and vendors!
We can become involved in our local community simply by sourcing our materials needs from local businesses such as:
- farmers markets
- fresh food stores
- local vendors and suppliers
Just by doing this, the carbon emissions related to obtaining your products reduced. Why?
- LCA (Lifetime Carbon Assessment) is a measure of carbon emissions related to our products
- This measurement begins with inception/production and ends when it reaches your home.
- For instance:
- LCA of trucked in plant material and produce is much higher
- Nurseries carry local cultivars adapted to your region
- When nurseries such as South Seminole obtain plants locally, LCA is reduced
- As an added benefit, we are supporting our local economy
- As an added benefit, nurseries have a knowledgeable staff that enjoys their work
- Conversely, Big box stores buy in quantity
- Plant varieties they stock may not be best for our zone because they purchase regionally
- When plants are purchased regionally, they must be trucked in often over 100's of miles
- Because of this, the plants in big box stores are more expensive
- Staff at big box stores often have little training in regards to landscaping and plants
- When shopping for plants and supply, consider this, support the local economy, & save money!
We support a local nurseries for plant material!