Updated 03/13/2020 at 3:03PM
Irrigation Repair & Optimization Orlando and Sanford
The best way to save money and irrigation water is to have a water wise landscape: click >here< to lear more about this topic...
>click< on Introduction to Irrigation to learn more about irrigation...
If you have:
- An existing irrigation system
- A system that is fully functional
- I can optimize the output and scheduling
- Helping to save you money
- I do a comprehensive inspection of the entire system, observing each zone in operation
- Then I can pinpoint areas where improvements will result in significant savings
- Minimize/eliminate overspray on sidewalks/driveways
- Get water to the root zone where it is need most
- Keep it off the foliage where it increases disease incidence
- Inspect the rain sensor or install it if you do not have one
- Finally, we will review your current irrigation schedule and duration for improvement
If you do have an existing system:
- And it needs repairs
- Let me take a look at it and I may be able to help
- If I cannot help, there will be no charge for the visit
- We can discuss options related to hiring a licensed irrigation contractor
- I have a very good referral in this area.
If you do not have an existing irrigation system:
And want to establish and maintain a new landscape, you have a couple of options:
1. Install an in-ground PVC based irrigation system that connects to the main water source using either potable or reclaimed water. This will require the employment of an irrigation contractor licensed to work at the water main and install in-ground PVC systems. I do not offer this service.
2. Install a temporary system off the hose bib. This is never a good idea unless it is for something temporary like establishing a few shrubs or a tree; or maybe even to establish a modest arrangement of new plants. But is not intended to be permanent, will not handle a large scale renovation, and is not appropriate for turfgrass. The connections tend to be leaky and the plastic parts can come apart easily. If you are going to do this make sure you monitor it daily.
Please consider this:
- Watering restrictions are going become more stringent in the future
- Typical landscape habits, plant selections, and overall designs simply won't be sustainable under these restrictions
- My education has prepared me to help you, the homeowner, address these issues
- Provide plans for a sustainable landscape that still looks good, neat, and well kept
- Without the associated maintenance, irrigation, and pesticide requirements
Information on county watering restrictions:
Summary: Daylight savings time Standard time
Odd Address Wednesday/Saturday Saturday
Even Address Thursday/Sunday Sunday
Increased irrigation for new plantings is permitted. You may need to apply for a permit from your HOA or Local Municipality.
©Copyright Earthwise Horticultural Services